Until recently, you were running a very successful business. You had a plan in place to grow further and had worked out how to win …. but then the pandemic comes along. This wasn’t part of the plan!
Uncertainty is now greater than ever. The context for business has changed and the route you previously set out is no longer available.
Traditionally, business strategy has been developed by extrapolating current trends into the future – taking consideration of the external market and wider environmental conditions to create a probable future. As recent times have shown, the assumptions underpinning such plans can be overturned extremely quickly – there are no facts in the future!
Scenario Planning is a different approach that can be used to produce plausible futures for a world in which disruption is the norm. It deals in Turbulent, Uncertain, Novel and Ambiguous environments (TUNA – also referred to as VOCA – Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous conditions).
Scenario Planning helps you understand the contextual conditions that your business is working in and how these conditions have radically changed. It produces a set of plausible scenarios, creating a lens to consider your current strategy/business plan and the assumptions underpinning it.
Through co-creation of plausible futures, we provide a springboard for deep conversations to navigate the current uncertainty and help you and your team to think more abundantly.
The approach we use at Devereaux Kelly Associates (DKA) enables scenarios to be produced speedily – providing insight and the co-creation of diverse opportunities to help you thrive in these uncertain times.
So, how will using scenarios benefit you?
- It provides a deeper understanding of the contextual conditions and the disruptive factors affecting you.
- We work with you to create two to three scenarios to test your current strategy and planned direction.
- It helps identify the ‘weak signals’ or proxy signs you should be looking out for – what is currently missing from your thinking and what ‘old anchors’ do you need to leave behind?
- It helps you to determine what you should ‘Fast Forward’, ‘Play’, ‘Stop’ and ‘Pause’.
- It delivers an action based ninety-day plan to review and rebuild your strategy.
- It comes with full support from DKA, including follow-up sessions to cement understanding and to help you build a refreshed strategy to win in these uncertain times.
If you would like to discover more about who we are and how we can help you, then drop us an email – email@example.com, or alternatively, give our Managing Director, Ian Jones a call on +44 07802907620 for further information.