Change is the only certainty we have in today’s world. The pace of change is accelerating and is increasingly impacted by external forces beyond our control.
To win, organisations must be highly resilient, agile, and customer / market driven. High-quality decision-making – linked to a clear direction and purpose – has never been more important …. or more difficult!
A survey by CIMA of senior executives at major organisations found that effective decision-making was adversely impacted by:
- A natural tendency to defer to a higher level
- Low levels of trust and collaboration
- A focus on the short term
- An inability to turn huge volumes of data into strategic insight
Further research from Kaplan has found that 70%–80% of companies are failing to execute their strategies due to:
- Just 5% of the workforce understanding the strategy
- Only 1 in 4 managers having incentives linked to strategy
- 85% of executive teams spending less than one hour per month discussing strategy
Engaging employees at all levels is crucial for successful strategy design and execution. Engaged employees will align around a common purpose and will demonstrate an energy and passion to succeed. They believe in a brighter future and feel a profound connection to their organisations. They are far more productive – drawing on their natural proclivities as game-changers, strategists, implementers, polishers and playmakers to deliver positive impact.
At DKA, we are powered by The GC Index® to help our clients bring their strategy to life, and to tap into their employees’ energies for impact.
Get in touch if you’d like to explore how we can help you unleash the hidden potential within your organisation for strategy design, engagement, and execution.